1. During the pitching process, the Creative Director should lead the creative team into developing the story and crafting it in such a way that it resonates with the client, ideally producing an emotional response. They should also lead the team in creating a variety of designs needed to enhance the sales presentations.
2. The Creative Director should present concept & design work internally and to clients.
3. Once projects move into production, the Creative Director should lead the creative team into producing the designs (key visuals, invitations, backdrop, stage, decorations, videos, etc.) and control the consistency of these designs with the client background and project objectives, budget & storyline.
4. The Creative Director should be responsible for the hiring, training and coaching of the creative team members. The Creative Director is responsible for developing and maintaining a balanced mix of skills within the team (graphic, 3D, video) according to budget.
5. The Creative Director is liable for delivering the creative output on time by properly managing the workload of the creative team members on a daily basis. The Creative Director should offer close guidance to the creative team members on priorities.
6. The Creative Director is responsible for the workflow between the creative team and the other departments & offices of the agency. The Creative Director should work to continually improve the working relationship of the creative team with the other departments by setting-up and improving management tools (editing briefs, workload tracker, timeline, etc.)
7. The Creative Director shall encourage and nurture the creative spirit of the team by organising brainstorming sessions, offsite activities (Creative gallery visits, etc.), etc.
8. The Creative Director is responsible for the material resources of the creative team members (IT, creative books, online subscriptions, etc.)
9. The Creative Director should lead the creative team in contributing to the agency’s promotion by participating in the development of the agency communication tools (agency website, credentials, promotional videos…) and other visibility opportunities (networking, writing columns, etc.) This visibility shall be in line with the agency’s values: creative & professional.
10. The Creative Director should stay up-to-date on market trends and research in terms of style, materials & technologies.
Qualifications & Abilities
1. Bachelor or Masters degree in related field (visual communication, copywriting, design, etc.)
2. Minimum 5 years experience in events, design, branding, advertising agency.
3. Exceptional sense of aesthetics and ability to build mood boards / visual direction.
4. Fantastic communication skills to develop proposals and work closely with the creative team to bring these visions to life.
5. Review work, troubleshoot and provide feedback to creative teams.
6. Understanding of the latest trends and technology used to elevate guest experiences.
7. Ability to work under pressure and to manage deadlines effectively.
8. Enthusiastic personality and a team player.
9. Fluency in English required (fluency in the local language – Chinese, Thai,… is a strong bonus.)